Hi, I’m Hope, and I’m so glad you found your way to this page.
I’m passionate about helping Mamas to live out their calling…and in between raising our five kids, serving our city and tiny urban church (I’m a pastor’s wife), and drinking waaaay to much coffee, I’m hoping to use this space for encouraging you, challenging you, cheering you on, and…
…helping you to become the Mama that you hope to be.
New posts in your inbox
Latest Blog Posts
- Why My Kids Love Stale Bread & Mushy BananasStale bread. Mushy, black black bananas. Some of my kids’ favorite things to eat. As we’ve tried to slowly cut down on waste around here (because our growing family is eating more & more as they enter the teen years), we’ve found a few family favorites that taste almost better in their “stale” form thanContinue reading “Why My Kids Love Stale Bread & Mushy Bananas”
- Kings Day EpiphanyHappy Kings Day. Feliz Día de Los Reyes. In our family, today is the final day of Christmas; and the day our kids give and receive their gifts. The star 🌟 is removed from the tree and hidden, and the children dress as the Magi or Wise Men, prepare a gift for Jesus, (often makingContinue reading “Kings Day Epiphany”
- Upheaval & Washing MachinesGood Morning, Mama. Did you ever have a day that you’d carefully planned out one way, and before you’d barely begin, your plans were totally thrown into chaos and replaced by something else? We were unexpectedly gifted some items for our home yesterday (including a new to us washing machine to replace the one that’sContinue reading “Upheaval & Washing Machines”
- Today is a Fresh StartToday is January 4th—how are you doing on those goals and resolutions, Mama? I relish the “fresh start” of a new year each January 1st; actually, I am thankful for all fresh starts! My kids often repeat to each other what I’ve said to them since they were babies, “tomorrow morning is a brand newContinue reading “Today is a Fresh Start”
- Graham Cracker Gingerbread HousesOne of the most anticipated seasonal activities our family does around the holidays is graham cracker gingerbread houses. Each child (and adult!) gets: ◦ A large, sturdy Paper Plate to build on ◦ 1-2 sleeves of Graham Crackers ◦ A Tub of Vanilla Frosting ◦ An Assortment of Candy (usually M&Ms, Fruit Snacks, Twizzlers andContinue reading “Graham Cracker Gingerbread Houses”