Are you stuck in a breakfast rut, Mama? Do you dread figuring out breakfast every day? Are you weary of the same breakfasts day after day with your little ones?
Making breakfast, and a variety of breakfasts that you enjoy, doesn’t have to be complicated! You can put your breakfast routine on auto-pilot AND still enjoy a wide variety of breakfasts throughout the week.
We have a breakfast rhythm similar to our dinner rhythm. I listed out the foods our family likes to eat in the morning for breakfast. Then I listed out the days of the week and our responsibilities each of those days. The easier breakfasts are used on the days we are busier, and the ones that take a bit more time are for the days when we have more time or the days when intentionally get up earlier to prepare breakfast.
Once I decided on our routine, ever week the plan was the same. This makes grocery shopping and prep easy—we need the same foods each week, so I can plan ahead and make sure they’re in the house. We are also saving money by not purchasing so many ready made foods or cereal, since we eat a variety of breakfasts.
Here’s our schedule:
◦ 🍳 Monday—Assorted Cereals w/ Bananas
◦ 🍳Tuesday—Oatmeal w/Brown Sugar, Walnuts & Raisins
◦ 🍳Wednesday—Waffles, Peanut Butter, Walnuts & Honey
◦ 🍳Thursday—Oatmeal w/Brown Sugar, Walnuts & Raisins
◦ 🍳Friday—Hard Boiled Eggs, Avocados, & Tomatoes on Toast
◦ 🍳Saturday—Mama Bakes (and Doubles the Recipe for Sunday). Coffee Cake, Muffins, Banana Bread, etc.
◦ 🍳Sunday—Scrambled Eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, & Leftover Baked Treats
How do you do breakfast daily?